What is Weibo and How Do I Sign Up?
Learn how to sign up for Weibo in 5 min
Sina Weibo is one of the most popular social media platforms in China often called the “Chinese Twitter”. With more than 772 million users, Weibo isn’t just social media and messaging apps, these are the largest and most dominant social networks in China
Why use Weibo?
- Improve brand awareness and brand loyalty for your company;
- Gain valuable insights from potential clients, who are interested in your brand or products;
- Increase inquiries and sales, both online and offline;
- Improve customer service and social engagement.
Without further a due, let’s get you signed up!
1. Registering a new Weibo account:
You don’t need to know Chinese to sign up. There is an international version available at：https://www.weibo.com/signup/signup.php (You are automatically directed to the sign-up page if you click the link above)
I strongly recommend you use Google’s Chrome browser whenever you visit any Chinese website. The main reason is that you can instantly translate any webpage with a click of the button in case there are some Chinese text that you don’t understand.
Weibo Setup Registration Page:
1. You will be asked to enter the information below. Once you click “Sign Up Now”, a pop-up screen will equire you to fill in your mobile number and enter a verification code. NOTE: The verification code is only valid within 60 seconds, and you can only obtain a verification code three times.
2. Unfortunately, the number of countries available is limited so if you aren’t in the list of drop-down countries you can either ask a friend who has a number in these countries.
3. You will then be asked to enter basic personal information. Note that you have to enter all the information and each section have green checks in order to go to the next page.
4. After submission, choose at least one interest and then click Enter.
5. After registering, you will be lead to your account home page. But you’re not done yet! You need to verify your account via email or you will not be able to follow user accounts.
You can also sign up using the Weibo mobile app available on iOS and Android.
How do I sign up for a Corporate account? Read our next blog on signing up for a corporate account!
Have any Questions? Comment below and we can answer your questions.